Tuesday 6 September 2016

Time with mum week 2

For a few days I was able to spend a few days in Waltham Abbey catching up with things.

Here is a card I made for a wedding I would be attending that weekend. Ryan is a member of my church, so I felt extremely privileged to receive an invitation to Ryan and Becki's wedding. Here is the card I made.


On the Sunday I visited New Mill Baptisit Church in Tring and shared in worship with the people there. This is a small church, but they are doing outreach into the community especially through their children's work. It was good to be able to visit some folk whist I was in the area, I even got an invite out to lunch, which was very much appreciated.

Sunday evening I returned to Croydon to spend time with my mum, and help her in whatever way I could whilst the adaptions were made to her house to make it easier for her to get around.

Monday morning saw me having to pay a visit to Kwikfit and have two tyres put on the car. Unfortunately during the afternoon there was another problem with the car, so it was a visit to the Nissan dealer on Tuesday morning only to be told that they could not repair the car until September 1!!! I am very grateful that it was possible to arrange a hire car for me to use during this time.

Tuesday afternoon I spent some time on Farthing Downs, just to be quiet and take in the beauty of God's creation.

Wednesday morning I visited a couple of childhood haunts, the first one being South Croydon Rec, as a child I spent many, many hours in this park. 



I then walked to Haling Grove Park, I did wonder if the flower beds would be as well tended as I remembered them, I am glad to say they were!!!



Thursday was a beautiful day, so once again mum and I travelled to Hove to spend a few hours there and enjoy an ice cream.




Friday evening, I travelled back to Waltham Abbey to attend the wedding of Ryan and Becki on Saturday. It really was a beautiful day, the sun shone for most of the day, the wedding service was perfect, and the reception was special. It was good to share the day with everyone.


A photo of Becki and Ryan, Ryan's mum and dad, and Ryan's grandma  and grandad, all three couples have been married at the Abbey church in Waltham Abbey.




I had the opportunity on Sunday of attending the Parish Weekend at St Margaret's Church Stanford le Hope for an hour or so, which gave me an opportunity to meet with a few friends. I then went to the Salvation Army in Stanford le Hope to share in worship, everyone was pleased to see me I am glad to report. It was also good to hear how once again a small church was reaching into the community. 

Monday was Bank Holiday Monday so I met up with a friend and spent some quality time with her, which naturally took in a meal, we went to the Harvester, it was good to spend some time catching up.

Mum's wet room is coming on a treat and hopefully it will soon be finished. I am grateful that I have had the time to be with her during this time of transition, it has also been good to catch up with friends.

1 comment: