Sunday 14 August 2016

New Wine - Journalling

Here as promised are my Journalling notes from the different seminars and worship sessions I attended at New Wine.

As I said before, the worship may not have been to my liking, as it was loud, BUT the teaching was on the whole very good.

Most of the time I chose to attend sessions that Danielled Strickland was speaking. Although she is a Salvation Army Officer, this is not what encouraged me to listen. It was the fact that she spoke with authority, and was clear and precise in what she said! She spoke at a Bible Study each morning, this was based around the book of Exodus.










On Friday afternoon, Danielle spoke at a Women's seminar, entitled Roar like a Lion. This seminar was massively over subscribed, as there were over 2,000 women who wanted to attend this seminar. It was a good job it was a fine day, as the only solution was to take the sides down of the venue where this took place!!!! Folk were the able to sit on the grass and join in the seminar!!!



Obviously there were many different speakers at New Wine. I really benefitted from two seminars which  were of a quieter nature, one of theses was entitled ' The Introvert Who Prays' and I found this really helpful and beneficial, especially the led meditation at the end of the seminar.


The second seminar was on how Creativity can be useful in a spiritual life.


The final two journal entries are from two separate speakers at worship events.




The quality of the teaching was excellent, and I am really thankful that I took the time to journal some of the teaching I received. It is helpful to be reminded from time to time of the teaching and the challenges, and hopefully put some of the teaching into practice!!!!







1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! So encouraging to see your beautifully journaled notes.

    ReplyDelete