Monday 31 October 2016

Lee Abbey

On arriving back from Canada, I had exactly 48 hours to recover from jet lag, before my journey to Lee Abbey in Lynton Devon. 

The next part of my Sabbatical adventure was to participate in a Spiritual Journalling course at Lee Abbey, a Christian Retreat house.

After a six and a half hour journey I arrived at what would be my home for the next five days. The first shock was to realise that there was no mobile phone signal and no broadband connection, plus no TV!!! It was really strange having to use a pay phone!!!!

The Spiritual Journalling course was led by Becky Widdows, it consisted of 7 sessions, including some theory and some practical work. The course was really inspiring and I learnt so much, I hope to be able to put some of what I learnt into practice in the coming weeks and months.

There was quite a lot of free time, which allowed for times of recreation and rest.

Lee Abbey is set in some beautiful countryside and it was good to have time to enjoy it.




On Wednesday there was an opportunity for a walk through the woods down to the beach, and then there was time to toast marshmallows over the fire.



Add caption


Some of the time on the beach I spent watching the waves crash on to the shore,then the time came to walk back up the VERY steep hill to Lee Abbey!!!!

Spending time at Lee Abbey was an enriching experience where I learnt a lot about myself and my personal experience of God and my faith in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment