Tuesday 19 July 2016

First Day

Well the day has arrived.
Tomorrow I commence my Sabbatical.

I have many things planned, 
but I know know that God has more planned for me 
More than I could ever imagine.

Tomorrow is the first part of the journey,
That journey will take me to Doncaster
For an overnight stay
Before I continue joy journey to Durham.

That's where my first adventure begins,
I will participate in a pilgrimage
The Pilgrimage of the Northern Saints.

I have always wanted to visit Lindisfarne
And now I will get the opportunity.
Along with visiting Hexham, Whitby and Hadrian's Wall.

Lord I pray that I might truly be a pilgrim and not a tourist.
Help me to keep my spiritual eyes open to see your beauty all around me,
Help me to keep my spiritual ears open to hear what you have to say to me.
Lord as I walk in the steps of the pilgrims that have gone before
Remind me, that I walk those steps with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment