Friday 29 July 2016

Friends, Dogs and more Friends

On arriving in Catterick, I was made welcome by my friend, it was good to be able to spend time with Sue and her husband Dave, and the dogs Jackson and Mojo. The evening was spent catching up, and reminiscing about the good times we had spent together.

On Tuesday morning the first job was to take the dogs for a walk, we had a lovely riverside walk in Richmond.






We took the dogs home and then we returned to Rchmond Town Centre for breakfast after which we had a walk around this picturesque town.




We decided to go for a drive and we went to Brymor Ice Cream Parlour in Wensleydale where we each enjoyed an ice cream, it was a bit difficult choosing the two flavours I wanted, out of the 35 that were available!!!



We returned home to take the dogs for another walk, and then Sue took time to show me some wood carving she had done. She also writes poetry.




After this we shared relaxing evening and had a lovely meal cooked by Dave.

I left Catterick Tuesday morning, to make my way back to Home, it took a few hours and that wasn't just the mileage involved, as I called into the retail village at Castleford. My final destination before Home was Earls Barton near Kettering visiting more friends, this time someone I had worked with over 35 years ago, it was good to catch up with Shirley, Rod, Lousie and her family.

Well that is the end of the first week of my Sabbatical, looking back I can't believe how much I have achieved. 

I thank God for every opportunity He has given me. For the times of stillness and peacefulness in the midst of a very busy week.

Drop thy still dews of quietness
Till all our strivings cease
Take from our souls the strain and stress
And let our ordered lives confess 
The beauty of thy peace.

Breathe through the heats of our desire 
Thy coolness and thy balm
Let sense be dumb, let flesh retire
Speak through the earthquake, wind and fire
O still small voice of calm.





No comments:

Post a Comment