Friday 29 July 2016

Goodbye Durham Hello Beamish (oops forgot to post!!!!!)

After breakfast on Momday morning, I returned to Durham Cathedral, this gave me opportunity to view the masterpiece of Durham Cathedral in Lego Bricks. The last brick to this magnificent construction was placed the day after I visited.






Just before I left Durham I decided to retrace my steps I made daily as I walked towards the coach.



The last photo I took in Durham, is the picture below, which shows the steep hill we climbed every evening on our return to the college. This was our last challenge of every day, as returned to the college tired and weary.

On leaving Durham I made my way to the Beamish Museum. It was good to spend time here and I had the opportunity to visit a typical early 1900's village, a pit village and school, the park, the fairground and the church to name but a few. 








There was opportunity to ride on the trams and the old fashioned buses.




I took time to visit the sweet shop and had the opportunity of watching a demonstration of how rhubarb and custard boiled sweets were made. Of course I sampled one as well!!





I also took the chance of buying a bag of chips which were made in the same way as they were made in 1913, unfortunately the pice was typically 2016!!!!

I concluded my visit to Durham etc and on Monday evening I travelled to Catterick to spend some time with a friend I hadn't seen for 20 years!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment